Monday, October 25, 2010

Just an Option

It always starts the same,
Want, need, crave, desire - love.
It is beautiful and dangerous,
it will bring you
to.
your.
knees....

That moment before your forever can begin.
Sleepy morning voices whisper promises.
You love me. I love you. We love us.
Even the old know that.

I am the left..... ......to your right.
Tomorrow's band-aid to yesterday's pain.
Today,
the lifetime before and
two.
more.
after it.

Those whispers have faded,
Blown away on the backs of last week's kisses.
It always ends the same,
Lack, retreat, yearn, covet - love?
It's beautiful and tragic,
It will bring me
to.
my.
knees....

It will break you.

I have become......
.....just an option.

Are you with me?
It's always so hard to choose
between the pleasure... ....and the pain.

-or-

are we just not strong enough to stay away?



No comments: