Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rzzzzzzz....

Me so tired!
I know, it's been awhile since I've written anything. Also, I seem to still be neglecting the design on this horrid looking blog. I'll get there, my pretty. I'm just swamped!

Can you believe that instead of taking a much needed nap this afternoon and working on my essay and seminar, I actually have to submit to a "tour" of the campus library? During class time?!? As if an english literature student in her fourth year doesn't know her way around?!?! Snore.

I guess it could be worse - I could be a student at York University, losing my tuition and my academic year due to a teacher strike. Heaven forbid. Five grand is a lot to pay to sit around and do nothing for seven months.

Anway - just a few things here and there. I'm still over here writing at GNMParents, a lovely weekly article that Megin offered to me. I'm still honored! Look for me on Friday mornings, and read around, there are some very lovely writers on those pages with relevant things to say (unlike me). I fantasize about being the Great Carrie Bradshaw and writing witty, funny and god-that-makes-me-think commentary about life love and relationships. But- academics you get. LOL.

Yesterday was Thing One's eighth birthday. A realization that left my womb aching and my heart sore. There must have been some time lost between then and now, I'm sure that eight years could not have gone by. Somewhere, I misplaced the moments between infancy and psuedo-adult. It was wonderful to celebrate with him, taking part in our traditional birthday festivities. Every year I create a scavenger/treasure hunt, and hide all his presents. He LOVES reading the silly riddles and searching for the presents. It's something they talk about all year.

This Friday, it is Thing Two's seventh birthday, and I think that will be the thing to really push me over the edge. Truly. My lovely little babies are growing up. And I think that I missed the whole thing! T. One's new thing is to pepper his speech with the word "apparently" and T. Two is really starting to gain her independence through her style of dress. Who knew that Leopard print skirts and black, pink and green argyle tights don't go together? Old mom of course!

Anyway, I'm tired, working hard and playing harder. At the moment I'm getting the stink eye from a professor - I'm supposed to be awe-ing over some baroque artwork and music. I feel the head bobs coming...

Rzz..
Rzzzzz....

No comments: