Friday, April 17, 2009

Purple

Yesterday I logged into my computer for the first time in a few days. I wandered around, read some blog bits and stumbled across the saddest thing I may ever read. I don't have words for the amount of sadness, the heartbreak. My heart goes out to the Spohr family.

Even though I've never met or spoken to Heather or Mike, the Newborn Identity was the very first blog I started to follow regularly. When I first discovered it, I spent hours searching through the archives. I couldn't get enough of the adventures of Maddie, and soon enough I was reading both Heather and Mike's blogs religiously. I enjoyed the stories of the Spohr family adventures, the silly pictures with Maddie pulling faces, beaming at the camera, loving life with those big, blue eyes.

I am shocked and heartbroken over her death, and I can NOT imagine the pain her parents are experiencing. I can't say I understand. I do not. I extend my love to Heather and Mike and all those touched by their daughter. I wish you peace.

Like many others, The Agent is appearing in purple in memory of that beautiful chick pea.

Save Travels Maddie. You are missed.

DAG




Please take time to donate to the Spohr family. Every little bit helps in such a difficult time.






No comments: