Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Dark Day

Hello all (yes, all three of you that read me...)

I've not been around lately. Been extremely busy dealing with a crap bag that hit the fan and drowned us all. The details are to come.. but for now I'll say this:

Our struggles with Thing One (9yrs) have exploded. After many different (and frightening behaviours) in the last month or so, Thing One has recieved a new diagnosis.

He has been diagnosed (as of this morning) - with psychosis. Tonight he had cookies and milk, 20 mgs of Prozac and his first dose of the anti-psychotic Seroquel. What I thought was my child is clearly changing.

On the way home from school this afternoon he burst into tears, crying that he felt so stressed out. He cried and said that his thoughts tell him he's a bad kid and that he so badly wants to be a regular kid like everyone else - a good kid.

I've not yet scraped up the pieces of my heart.

I am frightened.

3 comments:

MouthyGirl said...

I'm so sorry that you are struggling with this, my thoughts are with you and your family. Life is hard enough on any given day... I'm around for a shoulder if you need one girlie, take care.

Chibi Jeebs said...

Oh, dear heart. :( I'm so very sorry that you're all going through this - it's heartbreaking. You're all in my thoughts. Sending love. xoxo

Amy LeForge said...

I wish there were words to comfort, or something I could do to help. I can't even say I remotely understand what you're going through; it's safe to say I have no clue. You're being prayed for, and I will continue to hope that things get better.

((((((hugs))))))