Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gratitude

Hello to all of you who have commented to me, de-lurked and made your presence known, or have just began reading Between the Crosshairs.

This is just a small note to thank you all for sharing your best wishes, your generous offers and your positive energy. You do NOT know how much that means, to know that somewhere, you are not alone.

Mental illness lives under stereotype and stigma. It is not treated like a terminal illness, yet in some ways it really is. Often you do not have a diagnosis, and most often, no cure. I am fighting for my son because he cannot fight for himself. It's a long hard road, and sometimes - when the day has kicked me right in the heart - when I am paralyzed and feeling UTTERLY on my own - coming home to read that someone else, somewhere else in the world - is rooting for us: it helps.

It's like a hug you can't feel, a casserole on your doorstep when you get home - sometimes - it's the one thing that allows you to set aside your stone face and courage for a moment and just cry.

Thankyou. It is everything.

New post coming tonight.


Much Love

DAG

2 comments:

Chibi Jeebs said...

If I could show up at your door with a casserole, a hug, and a shoulder to cry on, I'd be there in a heart beat. I'm glad you're feeling a small measure of support and not quite so alone. <3

Magpie said...

I got here because you were in the little sidebar list with my BlogHer ads. And I'm commenting, because I can't imagine how hard this must be for you, but also because I wanted to point you to another blog friend who has a child with an anxiety disorder: http://lotsalaundry.blogspot.com/2010/05/anxiety-disorders.html - in case it would be helpful to connect.

Much luck to you all.