Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Need Some Help

I'm currently researching a phenomena labelled "sexsomnia". The idea is, that it compares to sleepwalking, sleep talking, sleep eating and sleep driving (which are all disturbing in their own rights).
A Toronto man allegedly raped a girl at a party. They had both fallen asleep on the same couch (at separate ends), and she awoke to find him on top of her. Admittedly, she stated that he appeared bewildered, confused and his vision unfocused. He maintains he has little recollection of the event, and was only alerted to possible sexual congress some hours later when he awoke still wearing a condom.
He was saquitted, given a history of parasomnia, including sexsomnia with a few previous girlfriends.

What do you guys think about this? Is he responsible and LEGALLY culpable because he committed the act? Even though he is apparently completely unaware he is?

Lemme know.. I'm interested....

2 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

Perhaps I can use that as an excuse for why I can't seem to lose the weight...foodomnia...I don't recall eating a bundt cake, but maybe I was sleeping and that's why there's crumbs all down my jammies.

I don't know, sounds like BS to me. I'd be a hell of a lot more careful where I fell asleep, ya know?

Anonymous said...

I just thought I would let u know that u now who, has woke up a couple of morning with no recall of middle of the night action??
I know, I know!..... wtf?? & It was never any more aggressive then other times....& he was not always drinking b4 either? shhhh